Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Copic Hair and Skin Colour Wheel


 Today I want to show you a colour wheel with a difference.  

This is a Copic Hair and Skin Colour Wheel.

I have created this colour wheel and printed it onto X-Press It Blending Card


Then I coloured half of the wheel in skin colour combinations that I like, and the other half in hair colour combinations.


Next, using a piece of black cardstock, I create another wheel, only this time I cut out two corresponding windows.


Using a brad/split pin, I attach the black window wheel on top of the Copic coloured wheel. 
Make sure that the wheels can turn.


Now you can spin the wheel and find your favourite hair and skin colour combination.

I then coloured Marci using colour combinations from this wheel.


I apply some X-Press It Foam Tape and attach Marci to the center of the wheel.


By having two windows you can see how the hair and skin combination works together.

 This wheel holds either 6 hair and 6 skin combinations, alternatively you could use it just for 12 skin colour combinations, and create another wheel for your favourite hair colours.

I hope you've enjoyed this post.
Happy Creating ....
Mandi-Lee
xxx
Pin It

21 comments:

  1. That's a super cool idea! Thanks for sharing

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great idea! Will have to start one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea Mandi!! Looks GREAT! It would also work beautifully for "previewing" contrasting colour combinations :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wheel will come in really handy Mandi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. TFS Mandi, really appreciate it. Cheers FiLoMa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Idea... can we copy it??

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any chance you might be willing to share the combos on your wheel? It looks great! Love the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is GENIUS---thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great. I'm new to copic, would you share your combos? Thanks Conny H. (Denmark)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow clever Idea can we copy it someone else asked but I never saw an answer. So I will wait . but in the mean time I'm signing up this is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Marci. As I am new to colouring I would really love you to share your combos also. Mez (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Marci. As I am new to colouring I would really love you to share your combos also. Mez (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea but is there a template or a colour guide for us new to Copic and colouring? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete