Wednesday, March 2, 2011

12 New Sketch Colors


There has been quite a buzz in the Copic world with the recent release of 12 new colors of Sketch markers. The colors in this release are: V20, V25, RV55, RV63, RV66, YR30, YG61, BG53, BG70, E23, E81 and E87. Because Copic has never retired a single color from it's line, this brings the color range of the Sketch collection to 346 beautiful colors.



Here's a color comparison project that I put together. I've used most of the 12 new Sketch colors to blend. I've noted the colors used on each sample. The new colors used are noted with a • next to the reference numbers. Couple of editorial comments: 1) YR30 - drool...for anyone who enjoys adding a faint glow behind their images, usually with YR31 and blender - sometimes mixed in an empty pen, you'll *need* this color. 2) BG70 - perfect compliment to a favored combo BG72/BG75. 3) Surprisingly, one of the colors I was least excited about became a favorite when I colored these balls of yarn, RV55...a beautiful shade of bright pink. {love}.


And here's a fun card using the Roses in Teacup image from Lockhart Stamp Company and new Sketch colors. (BG70, BG72, RV63, RV66, YG61, YG63 and W1)

Don't forget that we have a Magical Challenge going right now. One lucky person has the opportunity to win all 12 of the new Sketch colors from X-Press Graph-X Supplies!

Thanks for stopping by ~
LoriPin It

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME post Lori!!! Love the way you've showcased the new colours with those balls of yarn - how cute are they??!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post showing these lovely new colours! What a fabulous card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post....when I heard there were 12 new colours I wondered where the holes in my collection were that I needed some more!! Now I know. Thanks Lori - beautiful card too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori you are a super star!!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, those new colours are wonderful and I agree, the way you've shown them with the ball of yarn image is tops! What a beautiful card you've created

    ReplyDelete