Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Masking! The possibilities!

Hi everyone, today I am going to share with you a tutorial on "Masking" your images.
Masking is a very simple to do and gives a very effective look.
What you need is....
Character stamp, Background Stamp, Sharp Scissors, X-press it Blending paper, Scrap photocopy paper and  "MASK IT"  tack Film
First off you need to stamp 2 of the same image, in this case I have stamped 2 little witches. One is stamped on X Press it Blending paper and the other on any scrap/photocopy paper you have. The "scrap" paper is what you will apply your "Mask it"- Tack film too.

Scrap Paper.......Blending Paper
Note..... Test your X Press "Mask it" paper first on the scrap paper first to make sure it does not pull up the fibres of your scrap paper. If you find that it does then gently touch the X Press "Mask it" to your clothing as this will make it less tacky/strong, then place onto your scrap paper image.

 Cut around the image you have applied the "Mask it" Tack film too,(scrap paper) remembering to stay  on the lines when cutting.
 Peel off your "Mask it' tack film off from the scrap Paper and apply this carefully, making sure you have it alligned perfectly to the image on your X Press Blending paper.
Little hard to see but the mask is over the image.
Now.... you can stamp any other image over the top of this,in this case I stamped the moon over my image and when you remove the "Mask it" Tack film you will be left with a perfect image customized to your liking.

Masking your images opens up so many possibilities.
Just a reminder about the challenge here at COPICOZ for this month" all together spooky'-Halloween . You still have a quite few days to get your entry in and who knows you may get to be one of the first to own your very own Copic Colour Swatch Book
Sun and Frog- Magnolia Stamps..... Witch-CC Designs.
Happy Stamping, Debra xxxxxx

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic Debra!!! I love Mask It - such a FAB product for creating scenes and things! Awesome tutorial!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Deb! I too love Mask It ...but no one can make scenes like you can! Love it!
    m xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. I have done this technique a few times now but I don't have any "mask it" so I just use scrap paper and lay it on the image and hope to god it doesn't move when I stamp my background. I think I need to get some "mask it" tho, sounds so much easier. Love your card too.

    ReplyDelete